What’s the Key to Running a Successful Brokerage?



Looking to improve your real estate career? I'm here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with Clancy Real Estate, contact me at (518) 861-7016 or Kevin@ClancyRealEstate.com.

I hope you are all crushing it so far in 2016. Our team had a great month of January, with 28 closed sales worth $5.5 million.

Today I want to talk about my recent trip to Toronto for the Craig Proctor seminar. I had a lot of takeaways from this event, but I wanted to talk about one in particular. Craig asked the audience what the biggest thing holding them back was from growing their business. There were a lot of different answers, but what Craig said is that it’s your real estate license that is holding you back.

I could not agree more. When I think of people like Lars Hedenborg, Chris Tamm, and others who are selling thousands of homes per year, they all have one thing in common: They stepped out of their business very early-on. These guys aren’t going on listing appointments with buyers, but they are selling over 1000 homes per year.


Getting caught up in the day-to-day of your business is very easy to do. I am unique in that I actually enjoy going out on appointments and meeting with people. However, the idea is to run your real estate business like a business, and that’s something not all of us do.

What you want is a business that will run without you. I’m heading up to New Hampshire for a few days to go skiing, but my team will still be here with boots on the ground in Albany, selling homes. 

Start working on your business this year instead of working in it. I take time every week to go to the library, take notes, and think about what I need to be working on for my business’ continued success. That’s the way to build the wealth and lifestyle you deserve.

If you have any questions, or are curious about joining a team, let me know. We have an endless stream of leads, and are looking for talented individuals who want to take things to the next level. Give me a call or send me an email today!


No comments :

Post a Comment