Why Your Database Is Key to Your Success in Real Estate



This is why I believe that learning to utilize my database has been the key to my success.

Looking to improve your real estate career? I'm here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with Clancy Real Estate, contact me at (518) 861-7016 or Kevin@ClancyRealEstate.com

I'm often asked what led to my success. 

I really haven't been in real estate full-time that long; I was an appraiser in a past life and I sold real estate part-time before doing it full-time. I was really lucky when I started out years ago selling a few homes a year from my bedroom when I came in contact with a guy named Steve Kantor, who runs Best Agent Business. 

He really instilled in me how important it is to have a database.

He's an expert on databases and got me going. I think I used Top Producer for two years before I put anything in there because it was too complicated for me at the time and I was just too busy. Now, though, I have become a database fanatic. Everything we get goes into our database. We constantly contact and touch our database; 30% of our business comes from referrals.

I just looked at my database and I've got more than 23,000 people with email addresses and phone numbers in my database. That database (not all 23,000) gets touched with direct mail newsletters, postcards, invites to our client events, and two monthly video emails geared toward consumers. 

My thought today is that if you are starting out, no matter what level you are at, get a database. 



No matter what level you are at, get a database.



Top Producer, for example, has been around for many years and it's very easy to use. You have many options. The important thing is that every lead you have, every client you close a deal with, and every person you meet needs to go into that database so you can reach them in a meaningful way. I absolutely guarantee you that if you create a database and feed it weekly, your business will flourish.

Real estate is a contact sport. The more people you contact, the more successful you're going to be. If you need help with your database or you want to know how we utilize it and bring in leads from multiple sources, give me a call. I want you to experience success in this business.

No comments :

Post a Comment