How to Manage Your Clients

All the top agents in the real estate industry have one thing in common: they control their clients instead of letting their clients control them. How is this done, though?

Looking to improve your real estate career? I'm here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with Clancy Real Estate, contact me at (518)861-7016 or Kevin@ClancyRealEstate.com.

Want to know something I’ve learned over the years about this industry? All the top agents have one thing in common: they control their clients rather than let their clients control them. By taking control, they’re being proactive instead of reactive. 

Top agents “drive the train.” By that I mean they don’t let their clients dictate to them. Instead, they give them guidance from their own experience and let them make a decision. That’s what the clients are paying them for.  

It’s important to manage the expectations of your client instead of jumping to them. This, of course, is easier if you have an abundance of clients; if you do, pick only the best ones. It’s not your job to be a chauffeur and show a buyer a hundred homes. Your job is to find a buyer a home that is suitable for them and let them live the American dream. If they have to look at 50 homes to do that, you’re doing something wrong.



If you have to show 50 homes to the same buyer, you’re doing something wrong.



The average person looks at seven or eight homes before making an offer. My agents try to cut that number down to four or five. They accomplish this through coaching and preparation. What happens when you don’t do these things? I put my own house up for sale a few weeks ago and got an offer the first day for $25,000 under the listing price. When I asked the buyer agent why this was, he told me that that was what his buyer wanted him to do. 

That’s absurd! That agent should’ve told his buyer that that kind of offer was going to alienate the seller—me—because that’s exactly what happened. You should be prepared for a scenario like that. Have a script if you have to, for instance, and use it to tell your buyer why it’s a mistake to come in at such a low value. 

Time and time again, I see deals fall apart because agents aren’t controlling the transaction and giving their clients good advice. They’re not driving the train; they’re letting their clients do that. In my opinion, real estate is a great business, but you have to control it. As an agent, you have to be in a position of power. Be honest and direct with your clients and tell them the things that they need to hear.

If you have any questions on how my agents only show four homes, give me a call or shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! 

No comments :

Post a Comment