Why Is Prospecting the Key to Real Estate Success?



Prospecting is vitally important to your success in this business. It’s what got me where I am today.

Looking to improve your real estate career? I'm here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with Clancy Real Estate, contact me at (518)861-7016 or Kevin@ClancyRealEstate.com.

The year is off to a great start. Inventory is low, and listings are the name of the game. Hopefully you’re on track to hit all of your goals. Today, I really wanted to talk about something that has changed my career. It all starts with setting a schedule. 

A lot of people are attracted to real estate because they can set their own schedules and come and go as they please. However, if you really want to be a top producer in the business, you can’t just eyeball it. If you want to make the leap in your career, it’s really important to have a set schedule each day. Within that schedule, there is one activity that should not be compromised no matter what. 

The most important thing you need to add to that schedule is prospecting. When I first started my career with no budget, prospecting is what allowed me to get where I am. I took two hours each day to lock myself in my office and prospect. I called FSBOs, expireds, and circle prospected in different neighborhoods.

Fortunately, all of our marketing these days produces inbound calls. However, if it wasn’t for me making those prospecting calls at the beginning, I wouldn’t have been able to get to this point anyway.

I advise you to take at least two hours each day to prospect. That’s only 10 hours per week. With the rest of your schedule, you can work on other marketing tasks and setting appointments. 

You need to prospect every day.


Don’t be dominated by inbound sign calls or pushy clients. Work on prospecting first, and all the other pieces will fall in place. 

If you have any questions for me about prospecting or anything else related to the real estate business, give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments :

Post a Comment