How I Was Voted the #1 Realtor in Albany



Looking to improve your real estate career? I'm here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with Clancy Real Estate, contact me at (518) 861-7016 or Kevin@ClancyRealEstate.com.

A few years ago I was voted in as the #1 Realtor in the Times Union here in Albany. This competition only took place once, but I'm going to tell the story today.

One morning I was sitting in on a City Council meeting and I started getting messages congratulating me for winning this award. I didn't even know the competition was happening, and this was before I started doing radio or television.


The reason that I won was quite simple. I was active in a lot of business groups, and I was constantly meeting people. I'd accumulate hundreds of business cards at the end of each month, and that went the same way for many other people. 

So, I was meeting people, but not really forming relationships. In order to deepen my contact with these people - whom I had maybe spoken to for 10 minutes, I started writing a Monday Morning MOJO email. 

I put every single business card into my database, and in my Monday Morning MOJO email, I would talk about something valuable. I talked about my family, my fears, or even about the time that I went skydiving. 

What happened was that people became comfortable with me, and I was at the top of their mind when they were asked about the best Realtor in Albany. 

Essentially, my database allowed me to grow my real estate business. It was very simple, and very cost effective. It took a lot of time to grow my database, but it was well worth the effort.

As always, if you're interested in joining my team, please call me. I'm always looking for good people and I would love to speak with you. I want nothing more than for you to make six figures selling real estate this year. 

Make it a good one!

No comments :

Post a Comment