Build a Big Business with a Small Budget



Looking to improve your real estate career? I'm here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with Clancy Real Estate, contact me at (518) 861-7016 or Kevin@ClancyRealEstate.com.

Today I want to bring you more value and in doing so I also wanted to speak about how you can 'crush it' even with a limited budget in your business.

I recently got back from the real estate trade show, and everyone wanted to know what it was like working with Barbara Corcoran. However, after a while I noticed that everyone I spoke with was trying to tell me that they didn't have the money to spend on marketing with Barbara Corcoran.


I want to put the rumors aside, because I didn't spend $50,000 or $60,000 to shoot the commercials with her. I'm going to New York again, and I'm actually only spending $1,600 to shoot another commercial with her. I was fortunate enough to be invited by her team while they used the studio.

So, if you don't have the ability to work with Barbara, how should you compete?

I think Chris Smith hit the nail on the head with this one when he said that service is marketing. If you have no budget, then let your service sell itself. When your business is smaller, you have the ability to interact with each and every one of your clients. People enjoy that - and that's something I can't do anymore. I just don't have time to see everyone.

The edge that you have as a smaller company or team is that you have more time to devote to your clients. You can put more energy into your introductions, into your goodbyes, and into maintaining those relationships down the line. I have too many clients to remember all of their names and their kids' names. One trick I recommend is to write them a handwritten note after every transaction (which we actually still do to this day).

All in all, you have the opportunity right now to show your clients how much you care about them. Shake your clients' hands. Hug them. Talk to them. Just show them that you care! Make your service personable and memorable and they will come back to you!


As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns!

No comments :

Post a Comment