Set Standards for Yourself and Your Clients


Looking to improve your real estate career? I'm here to help you make a smart decision when it comes to growing your business, improving your bottom line, and choosing a place to work in real estate sales. If you'd like to learn more about working with Clancy Real Estate, contact me at (518) 861-7016 or Kevin@ClancyRealEstate.com.

Today, I want to talk about standards. I was at a Tony Robbins event a few years ago, and he said, “If you want to change your life, change your standards.”


Our industry is self-policing. You may have a team or manager who sets standards, but it’s up to you to meet them. I recently took over a listing, and quite frankly, it was embarrassing. The prior listing agent had only posted one picture of the front of the property on the MLS. Buyers couldn’t see the interior of the home. The picture wasn’t in high definition, either.

What are your standards for your clients, for your listings? I closed the home this week. Our commission was $30,000. Do you think that my client would be satisfied if I just put one picture of the home on the MLS? No. We shot high definition video tours, used a drone, and utilized extensive advertising to reach higher-end clients for that home.

What are your standards? What are you willing to accept in your life and in your career? We are paid remarkably well in this position, and we need to set a standard of what we’re willing to accept. On my team, every single one of our listings is handled with the same standards.

Are you bringing in a home stager? Are you using professional photography? What are you doing to market the home besides putting the property on the MLS? These are just a few standards you can set for yourself in order to have a successful career.

The standards that you set for yourself and your clients directly affect your career and the number of homes you sell. If you have any questions, give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!

No comments :

Post a Comment